How to Install Your Jacuzzi?
No thing can provide more comfort, after a hectic day workout, than relaxing in your Jacuzzi tub. And it would be a slicing on cake if available at home. You can install a jacuzzi with the help of an expert or you can do it at your own. Installing a jacuzzi is not an easy task and needs to be minutely taken care of for a number of things. A number of things needs to be determined before purchasing a jacuzzi. But we will not mention those points here. In this article, we will tell you what important things should be looked after while installing a jacuzzi.
1. Make the Floor Leveled: The floor at which the Jacuzzi bathtub is to be installed should be properly leveled. If the floor is uneven by a bit, you need to level the area in order to sit the tub. In case of uneven floor level you may run into lot of troubles, such as malfunctioning of drainage system and jets. The floor should be strong enough to support the weight of tub. Your floor needs to be able to support 150 lbs. per square foot.
2. Make a Stable Ground: The Jacuzzi bathtub is a heavy item even when it is empty. When filled with water and loaded with few person, it can go to almost 200 pounds per square foot. So the base area of the floor on which the Jacuzzi will rest should be made solid and stable. You need to pour one to two inch of thick layer of cement or mortar to support such huge weights.
3. Make a Supporting Frame: The bathtub should be supported along the entire length of the bottom and the rim. So the area supporting the bathtub should be framed. Some Jacuzzi units come along with frames. If the tub that you purchase is not pre-framed then either you can hire a carpenter to develop a frame or you can buy a ready made frame suiting your unit. It is important to remember that the frame should have an access panel to reach to the motor and pump in case of maintenance. Usually the bathtub manufacturer include the dimensions for the supporting enclosure.
4. For Wiring Contact an Experienced Electrician: Until and unless you are a certified electrician, you should not go for the electrical wiring part of Jacuzzi’s installation. Working with plumbing & electricity can be tricky business and even most experienced DIY homeowners opt for the services of a professional electrician or an experienced plumber or a general contractor with experience in Jacuzzi installation. Such type of work involves electricity in close proximity to water, the risk is pretty much enhanced.
5. You need to clean the construction area to remove all residues. Then you should check that all connections and fittings are secured. Fill the tub with water above the jets and check for leaks. The jets should be run for at least 15 minutes and check if any problem occurs fix it before closing the area.
I am a product analyst for b2b industry. My core profile is to understand industry, develop information architecture and plan the product. Developed many B2b verticals. My core interest is research and analyse industry trends, latest updates in market, industry product information.
How to Install Your Jacuzzi?